It’s the start of a new year, and the thing on the front of everyone’s mind is new year’s resolutions. If you’re like us, chances are you have at least one health-related goal on your list, whether it entails eating healthier, exercising more, getting better sleep, or anything else along those lines. Today we’ve got something to help with one of those resolutions – a workout playlist to start your year right!
Whenever we head outside or to the gym to get in a good workout, it’s almost impossible to do without some upbeat jams to get us through the parts when we just want to give up. In our opinion, a good workout playlist has to have a good mix of new songs and throwbacks (I’m looking at you, NSYNC), and some more toned down, slower tunes so you don’t zone out to high-tempo mixes for too long. I think we’ve created quite a good one this time. So go ahead, subscribe to our playlist, and then take a peek at some of our easy workout ideas to do when you have a little extra time around the house.
Simple Workout Ideas
- Run up and down the stairs a few times in between tasks
- Walk or jog in place while you watch Netflix or check Instagram
- Do some tricep dips or decline push-ups on the edge of your bed or couch
- Squat every time you pick something up from the floor while cleaning or every time you fold an item of laundry
- Set a timer to go off every hour, and do 50 jumping jacks each time it rings
What are your favorite simple workouts or songs to exercise to? Leave us a comment and let us know, and make sure to check out our posts 6 Quick Workouts to Do During Naptime for more ideas, or the 9 Best Workout Playlists on Spotify for even more new tunes!