Calling all artists, designers, and swim enthusiasts – the second annual Lime Ricki design contest is here! Our original prints have always been a major part of the Lime Ricki brand, which is why we’re so excited to announce the 2020 Design Your Swim Contest! That’s right, we want YOU to design an adorable print to feature in an upcoming swimsuit line!
Here’s How to Enter:
- Design a print you would love to see on a swimsuit (see rules below for design requirements).
- Upload your design to a new post on Instagram with the hashtag #DESIGNYOURSWIM2020 and tag @limericki so we can see it! You can either choose to post just the design itself or use the template provided in THIS Google Drive folder to help us visualize your design (it’s helpful to post both!).
- Send your original design file to [email protected] along with a link to your Instagram handle and a link to your Instagram post (if your Instagram is private, just send us a screenshot of your post). Watermarks are permitted. This file will not be used for anything other than keeping track of all the entries! In order to be counted for entry, you must send the pattern file itself – not just the template. It is not required to send the template with your design, but it does help us visualize your design. See below for an example of what to send.
Entries will be collected through Friday May 1st, 2020 @ 11:59pm MDT. We will choose our top NINE designs, which will go to a vote on our Instagram feed. A winner will be announced after votes have been tallied.
Here’s What You’ll Win:
- $500 USD payment
- Every swimsuit we make with your design.
- Participants may submit up to 3 entries, and each entry MUST be an original design. You may use your own existing work, but existing work must not be previously licensed/used on other products, or for sale in any form.
- Designs must be a repeating (tiled) pattern. Your design doesn’t have to be seamless just yet–we can help with that–it just needs to be designed with the intention of making it a repeating pattern.
- Keep in mind you do not need to design a swimsuit style for this contest–just the print that goes on the swimsuit.
- You do NOT have to be a professional artist or designer to enter! We invite anyone with an artistic flair and an idea in their mind to share. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
The Fine Print:
By submitting an entry, you ARE granting Lime Ricki permission to post your credited work on Lime Ricki’s social media outlets. By submitting an entry, you ARE NOT granting Lime Ricki any usage rights to your design and your design will not be used for any other purposes outside of this contest. For your protection, watermarked prints will be accepted until the final winner has been chosen.
Want to see last year’s winner? Get to know the story behind the winning print with artist Sue Doucette-Allred in THIS blog post!