We got to thinking – we can’t have a blog with recipes on it without having a lime rickey recipe on that blog. It is our namesake after all! Over the years, we’ve designed swimsuits that feature limes, been tagged in many food and drink photos on Instagram, and answered more than a few questions about the name Lime Ricki. It’s about time we have our own recipe for one! We even put our own little twist on it, just like we like to do every year with our swimwear collection.
This virgin pomegranate lime rickey is the perfect drink to whip up and sip beside the pool, on the beach, or in the backyard on a hot day. Bonus points if you’re wearing a Lime Ricki swimsuit while you do it!
Makes 3-4 servings
• 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 fresh lime juice (from 1-2 limes)
• 3 cups club soda
• extra lime slices for garnish
1. In a small sauce pan, warm the pomegranate juice over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar until it completely dissolves.
3. Cool to room temperature and then place in refrigerator until chilled (about 30-60 minutes).
4. Transfer to a pitcher and add club soda and lime juice. Serve over ice with extra lime slices as garnish or floating in the pitcher.
We can’t wait to make this recipe all summer long… and maybe into the fall too. It’s just that good. Now, to choose what to read by the pool as we’re sipping on a glass. If you need some ideas like we do, check out our 2018 Summer Reading Guide. It’s the fourth year in a row we’ve released our favorite summer book recommendations, and there are some good ones on the list that you definitely don’t want to miss.